doing good is part of doing business
Two out of three businesses in Germany get involved on a regular basis with social projects that go beyond legal requirements.
But there is room for improvement:
9 out of 10 company representatives believe that firms should once again take on greater responsibility in acting as role models in society.
civic engagement is as diverse as society itself
Do you want to raise the bar in terms of the impact of your company’s civic engagement? Do you want to work with exceptional partners or launch your own projects that are suited to your core business and strategy? PHINEO supports you with the following:
- developing and refining your sustainable mission statements that include your vision, mission, values and principles,
- identifying relevant social issues and challenges through a needs and context analysis,
- conducting an inventory and analysis of your current portfolio of activities, competencies and resources,
- developing a civic engagement profile tailored to your needs that includes strategic goals and target groups, defines roles and develops strategies for action.
We work with you in building an effective corporate volunteering portfolio. We tailor the broader concept and its individual components to your business and staff. Whatever the activity or measure – from one-day campaigns to mentoring programs to social internships or pro bono services – we advise you on direction, resources and the practical tools at hand.
- developing grant-making strategies,
- managing tenders and applications,
- identifying funding needs and drafting grant agreements or funding allocations,
- capacity-building and linking up recipient organizations,
- reporting and controlling.
- We advise you on cooperating and linking up with nonprofits, foundations, government actors and other companies.
- We help you build strategic partnerships by providing everything from a catalogue of criteria to researching potential partner organizations to matching your organization with the ideal partner.
- When it comes to ensuring effective participation, we are at your side from start to finish, identifying relevant stakeholders, conducting an analysis of extant communication and participatory formats and developing and carrying out dialogue and inclusive processes.
- We strengthen existing cooperation efforts and collective impact networks by emphasizing impact-oriented management that targets a shared vision and set of goals, coordinating the operational rollout of activities, designing monitoring and evaluation systems and assisting with collective learning processes.
in your company
- Together with you, we plan for high-impact civic engagement and, when needed, are there to assist you in implementation.
- We analyze the outcomes and help you structure the expansion of your activity for scalability.
- We also provide consultancy services to help you communicate professionally and report on your civic engagement with transparency. This can involve social impact storytelling and reporting in line with the London Benchmarking Group or for the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Together with you, we develop corporate guidelines (e.g., for engagement activity or donations) and other regulations.
- We clarify roles and responsibilities (e.g., relevant committees and functions).
- We design and optimize internal information and management processes, working with you to develop effective workflows.
- We set up key documentation for you, such as report templates or funding forms.
our approach to consulting
We focus on impact for society as well your company.
We foster partnerships that are built on equal footing and combine our strengths with yours.
Together with you, we consider the challenges specific to your entire organization and the social environment.
We value the work you do, combining this with an openness toward new goals and ways forward as the key to instituting effective change.
Our partners trust PHINEO’s proven methods and the expertise we have gained from scores of projects and in-depth insights into more than 3,000 nonprofits.
Do you have any questions?
We are happy to discuss your questions or a potential cooperation with you directly.